PhD in Medical Machine Learning (m/f/x)
Munich - limited for 3 years
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
The company supports PhD students to practice state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms in order to develop solutions for processing medical images and data. The students join our leading team of advanced developers and utilize the research facilities at the company’s location in Munich to work on challenging yet interesting problems of the healthcare in close connection with clinical advisors. Some of these projects include ophthalmic image analysis, computer assisted Microscopic surgery, instrument pose estimation.
You will get the chance to develop and implement state-of-the-art learning-based solutions for medical image and data analysis especially on
- transfer learning and domain adaptation algorithms
- anomaly and outlier detection algorithms
- fine-grained classification models
- image enhancement models
- temporal data analysis models
- a Master´s or equivalent degree in computer science, biomedical engineering or other relevant fields
- experience in python and/or C++ programming
- hands-on experience with deep learning frameworks such as tensorflow and pytorch
- strong background in machine learning, computer vision, and statistics
- experience with medical data analysis is a plus
- proficiency in English
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.