Head of Software Development (f/m/x)
Join talented colleagues at ZEISS and be a part of building microscopy solutions and the microscope imaging platform of the future. At ZEISS, we are transforming the world of microscopy with software that connects our range of devices, provides users with a leading user experience, and enables workflows that span systems and into the cloud. In this challenging role, you will lead an organization with multiple, geographically and culturally diverse agile software engineering teams creating our digital solutions. You will help shape and refine the tools and techniques of software development for your own teams and across the business unit. Based at our software technology center in Munich, we are driven by creativity and a strong desire to shape the digital future of microscopy.
Are you ready to take on a new challenge?
As an organizational leader in this challenging role, you will secure delivery of our product roadmaps by your teams through resource planning and close support of product management, test teams, architects and UX professionals. You drive adoption of development best practices, foster a culture of organizational learning and continuous improvement, and accelerate time to value for our customers. Communicating and collaborating with stakeholders, software managers, and development teams across the organization are critical elements of your daily life.
What we are looking for:
- A university degree (bachelor or above) in software engineering, computer science or a similar specialization.
- Years of hands-on professional experience with software development, preferably including strong familiarity with the Microsoft development stack and Application Lifecycle Management tooling.
- Experience with Scrum, DevOps, and modern source control tools and practices.
- Excellent understanding of modern software development techniques and architectural best practices. Nuanced understanding of topics ranging from branching strategies to development tooling and beyond.
- Demonstrated active engagement in current development topics and a drive to learn and improve continuously.
- Experience driving organizational change and working with a complex range of stakeholders across team and cultural boundaries.
- Line management experience and experience developing talent within and across teams.
- Very good language skills (oral & written) in English and at least good oral language skills in German (at least B1).
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.