Junior UX / Interaction Designer (f/m/x)
Thrive on innovation at a global technology leader. Develop exciting solutions in a diverse, stable work environment that’s focused on the future. Join us in a modern work environment with an open and inspiring culture and colleagues.
The ZEISS Digital Partners (ZDP) realize cutting-edge customer-centric digital solutions jointly with the ZEISS business units. Additionally, ZDP co-drives the ZEISS wide strategic program for Digital Ecosystem Enablement.
Your role at ZEISS Digital Partners
As a User Experience Designer, you will play a crucial role in strengthening the digital team of the Digital Partners and actively contribute to the success of the digital transformation at ZEISS:
You will contribute as a designer in the whole creative process: from early sketches and scenarios in explorative phases of Design Thinking.. to high level concepts and wireframes, initial User Interfaces and MVPs in agile set-ups.
You will help teams and potential users to imagine the future, and you will together develop, iterate, and implement products and services accordingly.
Your passion as a UX / Interaction Designer:
- You are driven to develop seamless and world class end-to-end user journeys for diverse stakeholders that integrate well into our company’s workflows.
- You are eager to understand complex topics and contexts, ranging from medical technology to metrology.
- You will be responsible for analyzing existing user journeys, indicating crucial interaction moments and touchpoints…
- … as well as for developing and implementing experience and interaction design for new or existing digital solutions based on customer's job-to-be-done and user research, ensuring highest levels of quality.
- You are used to and passionate about collaborating with interdisciplinary teams and diverse roles, from researchers to business or tech experts.
- Take over responsibility for meaningful project challenges - and shape the future of ZEISS and our customers, together with ZEISS business units!
- A Master’s degree in Design (e.g. Interaction or Industrial Design) or an equivalent work experience
- At least one year of professional experience e.g. in a leading UI/UX design & innovation agency, or in-house
- A passion for great work, to design flows and experiences that are elegant yet simple. You have an eye for the details and consistency
- Experience in working with or developing UI pattern libraries and style guides
- Experience in handling the translation of UI concepts into running digital products / online services (Agile way of working).
- Good skills in interactive and design tools such as: Figma, Sketch, InVision, Framer, Principle, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and AfterEffects
- Very strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills in English and German. Ability to communicate the value of design within a design and business context
- Initial experience in a start-up environment and exposure to cross-discipline teams would be an advantage
- Experience in Design Thinking and hands-on field studies and user research are a plus
- Basic knowledge in HTML, JS/CSS or skills in 3D tools are a plus
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.