Leadership role as Digital Business Owner (m/f/x)
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
In your position you will be an entrepreneur building up new digital platform businesses around relevant ZEISS devices. Together with a cross-functional team of ten to fifteen people , the job is to organize and orchestrate all activities required to build a holistic digital platform and enable omni-channel solutions with value added services.
Furthermore, you will:
- be responsible for the business development for digital platform solutions
- have the end-to-end development and implementation responsibility
- build up processes and tools to support operations at scale of that new business, e.g. SW licensing, subscription models
- apply state of the art agile project management methodologies like Design Thinking, Agile Development, MVP (minimal viable product), SAFe etc.
- work with different internal and external stakeholders e.g. top management, Sales and Marketing, OPS leadership and external stakeholders like customers, key accounts, consumers, platform partners to drive necessary transformation to support new businesses
- manage and develop a team consisting of product managers, R&D experts and employees focusing on operations tasks to high performance
- successfully completed master, preferably a PhD with focus on business development, product strategy development, mechatronics, ophthalmic optics, optometry or similar subject
- minimum five-year working experience in Product or Project Management or Marketing in an international environment, ideally in combination with electronic systems and tools
- strong commercial skills and experience in developing business plans with an international team is preferable
- profound leadership experience
- very good communication skills and assertiveness
- strong goal and result orientation (‘deliver-attitude’)
- entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to take risks
- excellent English skills and good knowledge in German language
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.