Masterthesis and/or Internship Optical System Engineering
Aalen / ZEISS Vision Science Lab Tübingen
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
We are seeking passionate and talented students who want to join the development of next generation advanced optical instruments for vision research. Integrated in a fast-growing team of scientists and research engineers, you will
- develop novel instruments for evaluating optical quality of the eye, visual performance and visual system behavior
- support technology development of wavefront shaping techniques from the software and hardware perspective
- build an excellent network with us in both academia and industry, helping to leverage the latest technology advancements to address tomorrow's challenges
- finished Bachelor degree at a university with a focus in science, optics, photonics, physics, computer science or similar
- very good knowledge in optical design with ray-tracing simulations using Zemax, CodeV, or similar
- Lab experience in developing, building, and calibrating experimental setups
- Programming background in Matlab, Python or similar
- interest in learning about wavefront control and measurement techniques, such as adaptive optics, wavefront shaping, interferometry and psychophysical experiments
- a creative and goal-oriented approach and the desire to find solutions to complex problems
- very good English skills for daily discussions with our colleagues and customers
Bringing together basic research and advanced product development, you will work in an interdisciplinary team together with the colleagues at the ZEISS Vision Science Lab at the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen.
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
Jetzt, in weniger als 10 Minuten bewerben.