Scientist/Development Project Manager at Central Research (f/m/x)
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
At the ZEISS Corporate Research and Technology, we develop technologies for applications of tomorrow. Help shape the next product generations from Zeiss with your ideas so that together we can drive market-shaping innovation from idea to implementation.
We are a scientifically working group in the field of smart sensor and imaging modalities. Our main topics are the development of novel sensor systems to replace costly and invasive solutions in biomedical and industrial applications. We aim to identify and transfer new technologies to sensing applications to enable radically new specifications - launching imaging for applications and solutions of tomorrow is our goal. As the central research and development department within ZEISS, we work on early technological questions in our projects and realize application-oriented prototypes to demonstrate our ideas. Close coordination with our business units and customers is essential for our success. Our roadmap requires competencies in design, simulation and realization of optical and opto-mechatronic systems and strong communication skills.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a scientist with skills in optical and opto-mechatronic system design, as well as a good understanding of complex system interrelationships. Experience in the development or application of algorithms for signal processing and machine learning is advantageous. Previous experience in project management completes your profile.
Conducting project demos to decision-makers in the business units will enable you to present your findings at a high management level. Internal and external presentation of results in video blogs or at congresses will be an additional part of your work.
- An University degree in physics, electrical engineering or another field of engineering science, ideally with a PhD in this area
- In-depth expertise in technical optics/ photonics and advanced imaging methods like superresolution, lightsheet and other relevant techniques
- Ideally 3-5 years of experience as post-doc or in high-tech industry
- A pronounced interest in translating complex theoretical problems into functional prototypes consisting of hard- and software
- An independent and systematic way of working as well as very good organisational skills
- An open mind and a pro-active way of identifying new opportunities in your knowledge fields and persuasive power to convince others to follow-up on your ideas
- You enjoy interdisciplinary work and have target group-specific communication skills
- Very good knowledge of German and English for daily exchange with colleagues, customers and stakeholders
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.