Senior Design Thinking Specialist / UX Researcher (m/f/x)
Thrive on innovation at a global technology leader. Develop exciting solutions in a diverse, dynamic and stable work environment that's focused on the future. Join us in a modern work environment with an open and inspiring culture and colleagues!
We strive to develop digital solutions for scale at ZEISS and cooperate closely across ZEISS with different functions and businesses around the globe. We are based in Munich, Oberkochen and Jena and work with an international orientation to jointly enable the digital future @scale for our ZEISS business units.
As a Senior Design Thinking Specialist / UX Researcher (m/f/x), you successfully and efficiently fuse research elements from different frameworks such as design thinking, customer and user experience, service design or usability. Your successful project track record proves your ability to provide the optimal method mix for the challenge and the skillset to navigate complex stakeholder landscape successfully to drive projects to success. You will play a crucial role in expanding our Design Thinking and customer research capabilities at the Digital Innovation Partners unit and will be a crucial player to help fuel the ongoing innovation cycles. You will actively contribute to the success of the digital transformation at ZEISS through close collaboration with the ZEISS business groups and their respective departments. This is a hands-on role, you will be conducting research studies end-to-end including developing hypotheses, creating surveys and interview guides, managing recruiting process, moderating lab and remote studies, analyzing findings. All this, with a passionate focus to synthesize learnings into clear and concise insights and recommendations. Collaboration between designers and engineers (connecting research, ideation, design and implementation) within an exciting agile business context is fueled by your outcome as well as clear and concise evangelization of it. You will be expanding the foundation for deeper customer understanding and experience. In this role, you will define, implement and teach focused and relevant research techniques and tools.
- A Masters or Bachelors degree in psychology, anthropology or similar professional fields - or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of relevant experience in research on user experience / design thinking for products and services within highly collaborative environments for customer centric organizations / inhouse or agency experience.
- Demonstrated experience with user research techniques and tools including usability/user experience testing (lab and remote), leveraging latest tools (such as userzoom, mobile video journals), prototype testing etc.
- Shown capabilities in moderation, for research lab and field as well as for ideation purposes. Ability to convey the gained insights and opportunities with captivating storytelling - clearly, crisply, and compellingly
- Experience in / tools for connecting Design Thinking successfully with Agile software development processes a major plus
- Basic quantitative research experience in designing studies and analyzing results would be a plus
- Prociency in English as well as German language
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.