Senior Innovation Manager Manufacturing (f/m/x)
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new. You will:
- shape the Corporate Research and Technology Division (CRT) project pipeline in the area of manufacturing innovations
- launch and coordinate new projects in close collaboration with our inhouse production (SPU)
- ensure fit with user needs and (future) market opportunities throughout the projects
- contribute to the development of ZEISS strategic approaches in the fields of manufacturing, in particular digitalization of manufacturing
- drive the successful transfer of project results to our Business Groups or to a New Business activity (e.g. Start-Up)
- bring new application and user insights to CRT
- proactively strengthen our internal (ZEISS) and external (customers as well as research and education institutions) network
- a university degree in physical sciences or MBA
- at least 5 years of job experience in an industry or academic setting
- deep understanding of needs and technologies of digital manufacturing (industry 4.0) as well as deep knowledge of the corresponding workflows
- basic knowledge in manufacturing of optics
- familiarity with quality assurance and control
- proven track record in managing research and/or development projects
- strong interpersonal skills; an ability to work well with customers, academics and internal stakeholders
- high degree of intellectual flexibility and scientific curiosity; proven ability to learn quickly
- fluent knowledge of spoken English, good technical / scientific writing skills
- ability and willingness to travel internationally
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.