Senior Manager Supplier Management
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
As Senior Manager for Supplier Management you will be responsible for the entire supplier management process including supplier selection, supplier evaluation and supplier development of the Business Sector Vision Technology Solutions. In addition you will develop and deploy relevant procedures and processes to fulfill normative requirements and ensure that business needs are met, collaborate with R&D and Product Management to implement new developments and product changes as well as closely coordinate with SBU Vision Care Procurement in commercial aspects.
Furthermore you will:
- effectively manage S&OP process to derive supplier forecasts from sales forecast with the aim to offer competitive lead times at optimal stock levels
- drive supplier quality management, including supplier audits and other surveillance measures, to ensure that normative and regulatory requirements are met by VTS suppliers
- manage outsourced processes especially the outsourced production and ensure compliance with norms and regulations like ISO 13485 and MDSAP
- be responsible to handle non-conformity processes with suppliers, manage and develop the repair center network and track and improve relevant KPI´s
- manage outsourced processes and special projects to improve the supplier base
- a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or ideally in Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management or equivalent; Master's degree would be preferred
- at least 5 years practical experience in a relevant supply chain function (e.g. logistics management, 3PL hub management) and 2 years managerial or leadership experience
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to solve problems and work in teams as well as analytical and time management skills
- experience in change and project management, the ability to implement changes in SAP together with system users and IT; experience in regulated environments (e.g. ISO-134) would be beneficial
- basic process improvements skills (e.g. lean management) and financial acumen
- good command of German and English and the ability to travel when it is needed/required
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.