Sr. Manager, ODX Post Approval Studies
Thrive on innovation at a global technology leader. Develop exciting solutions in a diverse, stable work environment that’s focused on the future. Join us in a modern work environment with an open and inspiring culture and colleagues!
The Sr. Manager, ODX Post-Approval Studies is responsible for leading the strategy and execution of post-approval clinical activities to support the ODX (ophthalmic diagnostic) business. This individual will play the lead role in identifying needs, aligning study budgets, developing, and implementing study activities to support global marketing and professional education. This is a technical and highly networked position that will have great impact on customer interaction and communications, with global internal and external visibility.
- Manages clinical and operational leadership on the proper conduct of post-approval trials for global ODX business, including the design and implementation of these studies, writing protocols/amendments and proper IRB submission, design of data collection systems, financial structure, and preparation of final reports and deliverables
- Manages study budget for ODX, and allocates resources as appropriate and determined by business needs in alignment with global medical affairs & professional education objectives
- Manages investigator initiated peer-review publications (through to submission) for ODX Post-Approval supported investigator studies
- Key interface with global key opinion leaders in OPT, specifically for ODX; build advocacy with KOL’s by engaging in ideation and study activities
- Attend key global congresses/symposia/advisory board meetings
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, such as Professional Education, Marketing, Clinical Affairs, and Research & Development, to understand Post-Approval study needs for ODX and identify needed collaborations and synergies/overlap across departments
- Build strong relationship with medical community, including teaching institutions and related physicians with a scientific approach focused on identifying needs and providing solutions as pertaining to relevant ODX Post-Approval study activities
- Helps establish & support long-term post-approval strategies and goals
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of Medical Affairs-related Policies and Procedures
- Provide post-approval clinical activity support for the global surgical and refractive business as needed.
- Medical/scientific background and education highly desirable (OD or similar)
- 6+ years’ experience in OPT industries, such as cataract, refractive, glaucoma and retina spaces
- Experience developing and managing a post-approval or clinical trials
- Highly motivated and results-oriented with strong business understanding to align with overall organizational goals
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Embracing of core ZEISS mission and those of Medical Affairs & Professional Education
- International travel required (minimum 30% of time)
At ZEISS we encourage creative thinking and innovation. We work in dynamic and interdisciplinary teams and offer individual development perspectives as well as flexibility in organizing your work. We care about our employees and take particular responsibility for improving society and preserving our environment. These core values have shaped our corporate culture at ZEISS for over 170 years.
Help us shape the future!
The application process takes less than 10 minutes, we look forward to receiving your application.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.