Internship in the area of 3D Reconstruction
Carl Zeiss AG, Jena (Thüringen)
Duration: about 6 months
Start: October 2020
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
- support the R&D department in interesting research projects
- help us to improve and modularize our internal 3D-reconstruction pipeline to foster adoption in different projects
- test new state-of-the-art algorithms and integrate them into our platforms
- set up show cases for research prototypes
- study place in the field of mathematics, physics, informatics, engineering or similar
- very good knowledge in C++ and Python
- already written a Python wrapper for C++ code (using pybind11 or similar)
- basic knowledge in one of the following fields: computer vision, photogrammetry, robotics
- a motivated and independent way of working and keen to solve difficult problems
- (optional) skills in English and MS-Office
- (optional) a Github / Gitlab or similar profile with projects you have been working on
As a student, you will work with your colleagues as an equal. You will receive detailed insights into a company that creates products for tomorrow´s world and lay the optimal foundation for your future career.
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.