Experienced Machine Learning Research Scientists (f/m/x)
Jena, Oberkochen, Munich
Thrive on innovation at a global technology leader. Develop exciting solutions in a diverse, stable work environment that’s focused on the future. Join us in a modern work environment with an open and inspiring culture and colleagues!
Want to drive the next generation of intelligent products?
We are seeking passionate and talented scientists who want to drive the development of next generation products and cutting-edge machine learning algorithms at ZEISS. Integrated in a fast growing team of scientists and research engineers, you will develop core algorithms that extract information from the diverse data sources present across our complete product portfolio and take project ideas from academic and idea stages to prototypes. We have just started to scrape the surface of what can be done with the data our products deliver. You will contribute to realizing the prospects of machine learning, modern computer vision and scene understanding technologies for our customers. You will also support technology adoption and integration into our flagship products. This comprises conceptualizing, initiating, prototyping as well as scaling and instrumenting methods and evaluating their performance. During your work you build an excellent network with us in both academia and industry that will help us to leverage the latest technology advancements to address tomorrow's challenges.
- an PhD in domains like multi-modal deep learning, autoML, or reinforcement learning, and ideally several years of experience in industry
- a publication record at machine learning venues, such as NIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, etc.
- a deep understanding of machine learning and statistics as well as best practices in model validation
- a strong programming background in Python or C++ and are familiar with toolkits such as TensorFlow or pytorch
- the vision and hands-on mindset to make your ideas come to life in ZEISS products as well as strong communication skills
At ZEISS we encourage creative thinking and innovation. We work in dynamic and interdisciplinary teams and offer individual development perspectives as well as flexibility in organizing your work. We care about our employees and take particular responsibility for improving society and preserving our environment. These core values have shaped our corporate culture at ZEISS for over 170 years.
Join us and shape the future!
The application process takes less than 10 minutes, we look forward to receiving your application.