PhD or Postdoc (m/w/x) in Visual Perception (EC Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Action)
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
MAIA (Multifunctional, adaptive and interactive AI system for Acting in multiple contexts) provides an international, interdisciplinary platform to train young scientists at the interface of physics and biology. MAIA is an Research and Innovation Action (RIA) funded by the European Commission's Horizon 2020 programme, comprising several European Universities, research institutions and companies, coordinated by the Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Italy.
As PhD or Postdoc in visual perception you will:
- use modern eye-trackers to specify gaze quantifiers
- work neuroscientifically at the edge to AI (artificial intelligence)
- experience developing Virtual Reality
- model and predict from multi-modal measurements, e.g. EEG, eye tracking
- a PhD or master degree in a field which allows starting a (post-)doctorate thesis in a relevant scientific discipline e.g. neuroscience, psychology, computer science or physics
- experience with Matlab, Python, Unity and in psychophysics and statistics
- experience in working in an international setting
- good writing and communication skills
- very good English language skills
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.