Internship Frontend Development (m/f/x)
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
As a ZEISS initiative, we are building and operating a revolutionary online platform for the microscopy science community. The platform provides a market place for image processing modules and various collaboration functionalities in the cloud. It hosts everything from simple post-processing features to complex machine learning solutions. You will be part of an exciting dynamic and cross-functional team. Based in Munich we are driven by creativity and a strong desire to shape the digital future.
Your main task will be to support us with translating business requirements into a high-quality working product in fast iterations with your fellow team members. You will enhance the frontend with new functionality and you will improve the web platform for ease of use - be it image processing workflows or collaboration functions. SEO will also be part of the activities. Communicating and collaborating with international stakeholders and peer engineers is also part of your job.
- Successfully completed at least 2 years of study in software engineering, computer science or in a similar field
- First experiences with web frontend development
- Fluent English or German skills
- Deep curiosity and willingness to dive into new subject areas
- Ability to work in an independent, goal- and output-oriented manner
- Fun working in agile, interdisciplinary teams
- The following will be considered an advantage:
- Familiarity with source control (git)
- Hands-on experience developing SPAs in Angular 2-10 with TypeScript
- Familiarity with standard tool chain of Angular (e.g. Angular CLI, Jasmine, Karma, webpack)
- Working knowledge in Bootstrap, RxJS and CSS preprocessors (e.g. SASS)
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.