Logistics Manager Consumer Markets (m/w/x)
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
- establish the logistics function as a core competency and competitive advantage for Carl Zeiss Consumer Markets in a highly service driven market and define the distribution strategy across the global network to achieve yearly service and cost performance improvement
- manage the global freight activities, coordinating all transports in our multi-layered production network, between suppliers, our production sites, our distribution hubs, external logistics providers and commercial entities
- ensure high service level by tight management of our forwarder and third party logistics provider network through selection, contract management, performance management and where required fast and efficient switches of forwarders including adaptation and ongoing optimization of interfaces and transport processes
- optimize end-to-end logistics flows for self-manufactured products as well as trade goods from suppliers/factories to commercial entities and customers across all distribution steps and business channels
- build the interface to all relevant stakeholders across geographies and functions as key account for all logistics-related activities
- define and implement the transport management strategy and improvement roadmap including implementation of all corresponding strategic projects like e.g. consolidation of 3rd party logistics service providers, changes in distribution setup to single markets, logistics implementation for new business models (e.g. direct shipment), interface improvement to logistics service providers etc.
- drive readiness and innovation of logistics processes as well as neighboring processes and underlying systems and interfaces to support current and new business needs and requirements to achieve cost and service performance targets as well as enable new business models with the required logistics capabilities across our network - including transparency on logistics performance through a logistics dashboard to enable fast identification and resolution of logistics issues
- solid professional experience in logistics with more than 8 years in an operational responsibility of international freight management
- several years of professional experience in international project management of logistics projects and proven track record of successful implementation of logistics improvement activities
- a deep and broad educational background in logistics - ideally a university degree in logistics or supply chain management
- strong and proven operational skills in managing daily performance and running as well as improving operational processes in an international transport and distribution network - including good understanding and usage of related ERP systems
- strong ability to manage complex projects in an interdisciplinary environment, combined with excellent communication skills and assertiveness to implement initiatives and actions
- highly autonomous and well-structured way of working in a networked and cross-functional workplace
- good analytical skills, strong process-discipline and a target-oriented mindset in combination with pragmatic "hands-on" mentality and structured solution-oriented work style
- international experience and fluency in English and German
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.