Visual Computing Scientist / Research Engineer (m/w/x)
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
As an innovation-driven scientist with strong implementation skills, you will generate new ideas in the field of visual computing and actively pursue them for future applications in the ZEISS product portfolio. In multi-disciplinary project teams, you will use and advance state-of-the-art methods from the field of computer vision (3D geometric vision, 3D perception). You will implement your ideas as software solutions, while also being aware of hardware-specific boundary conditions. Experiments for system characterization are designed and led by you. You will work closely with users to optimize your solutions in a well targeted manner. With partners in our business units you communicate effectively, and you are able to quickly think your way into problems. You can systematically analyze complex topics and present them in a clear way. As part of a project team, it is your job to develop your ideas for solutions into prototypes, and to support their integration into products.
Are you excited about a technology-oriented environment that challenges you daily with problems in the fields of computer vision, sensor technology, human-machine interaction and machine perception? Then our team is the right place for you.
- an academic degree with a specialization in the field of computer vision, 3D sensor technology, machine perception, or 3D reconstruction
- proven your know-how in several projects
- a thorough understanding of the mathematical basics and a good overview of the latest technical and scientific advances
- good programming skills in Python, C++ or C# as well as experience in software development and you are familiar with libraries and platforms like OpenCV and Unity3D
- the ability to stay on top of complex issues and to present results, problems and solutions in a target group-oriented manner
- a user-centered mindset that enables you to understand and focus on end users and their usage context in order to pragmatically find the best solution
- joy in bringing your ideas into a new environment and developing them in a team
- fluent English skills for the daily exchange with colleagues and project partners
At ZEISS we encourage creative thinking and innovation. We work in dynamic and interdisciplinary teams and offer individual development perspectives as well as flexibility in organizing your work. We care about our employees and take particular responsibility for improving society and preserving our environment. These core values have shaped our corporate culture at ZEISS for over 170 years.
Join us and shape the future!
The application process takes less than 10 minutes, we look forward to receiving your application.